Installing VMware vCenter
vCenter is one of the main components of the vSphere suite as it is required for the functioning of almost all the features in the vSphere suite.
Make sure the following prerequisites are met:
- vCenter Single Sign On and vCenter Inventory Service is installed.
- An operating system that is supported by 64-bit Windows is available.
- An ODBC entry with a 64-bit DSN has been created.
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 Framework has been installed.
- DNS resolution is working.
- Time is synchronized and is pointing to the correct source.
- Server that is used for the installation is not a domain controller.
- Server is a part of the domain (vCenter can be installed on workgroup, but it is recommended that you install it on the domain server). ...