Changing service account passwords
There are occasions when we need to change passwords for service accounts; in this recipe, we will learn how to.
You must have new passwords available to be replaced.
We'll look at the various service accounts used by VCM that we can change if we want to.
To update a password for VCM service accounts, follow these steps.
Collector service accounts
- On the Collector, go to Start | Administrative Tools | Services.
- Select and stop the following services:
- VCM Collector
- VCM Database Service
- VCM Patch Management
- Right-click on each service, select Properties, and select the Log On tab.
- Update the account password and click on OK.
- Go to Start | Administrative Tools | Component Services.
- On the left, go ...