Just like DRS host groups, you will also need to create DRS VM groups so that they can be used to create VM-Host affinity rules.
The following procedure will help you create host/VM DRS groups:
- From the vCenter's inventory home, navigate to the Hosts and Clusters view.
- Select a cluster, navigate to Manage | Settings | DRS Groups, and click on Add to bring up the Create DRS Group window.
- In the Create DRS Group window, supply a name for the group, choose the type as VM DRS Group, and click on the Add button to bring up the Add DRS Group Member window.
- In the Add DRS Group Member window, select the VMs that should be added to the group and click on OK.
- The Create DRS Group window should now list the VMs that have been ...