Creating a VM and VA baseline group
VM and VA baseline groups are useful when upgrading a virtual appliance (VA) and its dependent VMs. It uses the predefined upgrade baselines for a virtual machine (VM).
Note that you cannot create a custom VM upgrade baseline.
The following procedure will help you create VM and VA baseline groups:
- Connect to vCenter Server as an administrator using the vSphere Client.
- Go to Home | Update Manager.
- Navigate to the Baselines and Groups tab and click on the Create link corresponding to the baseline groups.
- In the New Baseline Group wizard, select the Baseline Group Type as Virtual Machines and Virtual Appliances Baseline Group. Enter a group name and click on Next to continue:
- Select a VA Upgrades baseline, ...