Selecting a database for vCenter deployment
The vCenter SSO, vCenter Server, and VUM each require a supported database to be deployed.
How to do it…
Perform the following steps to select a database for the vCenter deployment:
- Estimate the number of host and virtual machines that will be managed by the vCenter Server.
- Choose a supported database platform that is suitable to support the vCenter inventory.
How it works…
The database stores configuration and performance information. The three database deployment options are as follows:
- Use the embedded database on the VCSA or the bundled SQL Express database if installing vCenter on a Windows server
- Install a full database server locally on the same server as the vCenter Server components
- Connect to a database ...