Chapter 6. The vSphere Network Design
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Determining network bandwidth requirements
- Standard or distributed virtual switches
- Providing network availability
- Virtual switch security
- Network resource management
- Using private VLANs
- IP storage network design considerations
- vMotion network design considerations
To effectively design a virtual network infrastructure, a design architect must understand the virtual network architecture, including which features are available and how they are configured. This chapter contains recipes a design architect can use to design a virtual network architecture that provides the capacity and availability required to support the virtual infrastructure.
The logical ...