Chapter 9. The Virtual Machine Design
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Right-sizing virtual machines
- Enabling CPU Hot Add and Memory Hot Plug
- Creating virtual machine templates
- Using vApps to organize virtualized applications
- Using VM affinity and anti-affinity rules
- Converting physical servers with vCenter Converter Standalone
Virtual machine design is just as important as physical hardware design and should be part of the physical design process. Correctly designing and configuring virtual machines with proper resource allocation will help increase consolidation in the virtual environment and ensure that a virtual machine has access to the resources that it requires to run the workloads efficiently.
A few questions that ...