Chapter 11. The Design Documentation
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Creating the architecture design document
- Writing an implementation plan
- Developing an installation guide
- Creating a validation test plan
- Writing operational procedures
- Presenting the design
- Implementing the design
The design documentation provides written documentation of the design factors and the choices the architect has made in the design to satisfy the business and technical requirements.
The design documentation also aids in the implementation of the design. In many cases where the design architect is not responsible for the implementation, the design documents ensure the successful implementation of the design by the implementation engineer.