Implementing SSL certificates for ESXi
In vSphere 6.0, when you add a vSphere host into the vCenter Server, VMCA assigns a new certificate to the host automatically. If you replace the VMCA-issued certificate with a CA-signed certificate later on as described in previous exercises, you also need to replace the certificates in vSphere hosts. This can be easily done through the vSphere web client:
- Log in to your vSphere web client.
- Click on the vCenter Server and choose the vSphere host you want to renew the certificate.
- Right-click on the vSphere host and from the menu and select Certificates.
- Then click on Renew Certificates.
- When prompted by the confirmation dialog box of Renew Certificate, select Yes.
- Refresh your browser. You will see that the certificate ...