Volcanic gas reservoirs are the new natural gas frontier. Once thought too complex, too harsh on the drilling bit, and too difficult to characterize, reservoir engineers and petroleum geologists alike now manage more advanced seismic and logging tools, making these "impossible" field developments possible. Bridging meaningful information about these complicated provinces and linking various unconventional methods and techniques, Volcanic Gas Reservoir Characterization:
- Describes a set of leading-edge integrated volcanic gas reservoir characterization techniques, helping to ensure the effective development of the field
- Reveals the grade and relationship of volcanic stratigraphic sequence
- Presents field identification and prediction methods, and interpretation technology of reservoir parameters, relating these to similar complex fields such as shale
These innovative approaches and creative methods have been successfully applied to actual development of volcanic gas reservoirs. By sharing the methods and techniques used in this region with reservoir engineers and petroleum geologists all over the world, those with better understanding of these unconventional basins will begin to consider volcanic rock like any other reservoir.
- Summarizes the research and explains detailed case studies of volcanic gas reservoir developments, showing the latest achievements and lessons learned
- Supplies knowledge on volcanic gas reservoir basins to provide meaningful insight into similar complex reservoirs such as shale, coal bed methane, and heavy oil basins
- Contains extensive methodology, strong practicality and high innovation, making this an ideal book for both the practicing and seasoned reservoir engineer and petroleum geologists working with complex reservoirs