VMware vCenter components
There are four primary components to vCenter 5.1 and 5.5:
- Single sign-on: This provides identity management for administrators and applications that interact with the vSphere platform
- vSphere web client: This is the service that provides the web-based GUI for administrators to interact with vCenter and the objects it manages
- vCenter inventory service: This acts as a cache for vCenter managed objects when accessed via the web client to provide better performance and reduce lookups to the vCenter database
- vCenter server: This is the core service of vCenter, which is required by all other components
There are also several optional components and support tools, which are as follows:
- vSphere client: This is the "legacy" C#-based ...