Develop exciting projects including a guest list and greeting card application and gain hands-on experience with Vue.js
About This Video
- Learn Vue.js by building real-world projects
- Discover how to use additional tools and modules to enhance your project
- Explore the list and conditional rendering
- Get to grips with binding attributes and styles
- Understand the Vue instance
- Gain insights into looping and filters
- Become well-versed with refs and other instance properties and methods
- Explore the Vue lifecycle
The course will guide you through building two challenging yet exciting projects, which will help you apply everything you learn.
You’ll begin with a guest list app where users can add their name to an event guest list. Although this is a simple app, you’ll learn several Vue.js essentials while building it such as two-way data binding, event handling, templates and the Virtual DOM, and instance properties - data, computed, watchers, methods, and filters.
You will then build on your knowledge by creating a greeting card application where users can create and edit their custom greeting card. They will be able to add their text and images to create a personalised card. This project will get you up to speed with components (local, global, and single file), installing Node and NPM, passing data with $emit, and storing and retrieving images from Firebase. In addition to this, you’ll make use of Vue CLI to scaffold your projects with build tools such as Webpack and Babel.
By the end of this course, you will be well-versed with Vue.js and have gained hands-on experience in applying it effectively in your projects.
Table of contents
- Title: Vue.js 2 Academy: Learn Vue Step by Step
- Release date: October 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838985455
You might also like
Vue JS 2 - The Complete Guide (incl. Vue Router and Vuex)
Node.js - The Complete Guide
Master Node.js to build REST APIs, GraphQL APIs, add authentication, use MongoDB, SQL, and much more! …
Nuxt.js - Vue.js on Steroids
Build highly engaging Vue.js apps with Nuxt.js. Nuxt adds easy server-side-rendering and a folder-based config approach …
Learn Flutter and Dart to Build iOS and Android Apps 2020
A complete guide to the Flutter SDK and Flutter framework to build native iOS and Android …