Become an expert Vue developer by understanding the design patterns and component architecture of Vue.js to write clean and maintainable code.
About This Book
- Craft highly modular applications by exploring the design patterns and component architecture of Vue.js
- Enforce a Flux-like application architecture in your Vue.js applications with Vuex
- Easy-to-follow examples that can be used to create reusable code and extensible designs
Who This Book Is For
This book targets Vue Developers who care about framework design principles and utilize commonly found design patterns in developing web applications.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the theory and patterns of Vue.js
- Build scalable and modular Vue.js applications
- Take advantage of Vuex for reactive state management.
- Create Single Page Applications with vue-router.
- Use Nuxt for FAST server side rendered Vue applications.
- Convert your application to a Progressive Web App (PWA) and add ServiceWorkers, offline support, and more
- Build your app with Vue.js by following up with best practices and explore the common anti-patterns to avoid
The book starts by comparing Vue.js with other frameworks and setting up the development environment for your application, and gradually move on to writing and styling clean, maintainable, and reusable components that can be used across your application.
Further on, you'll look at common UI patterns, Vue form submission, and various modifiers such as lazy binding, number typecasting, and string trimming to create better UIs. You will also explore best practices for integrating HTTP into Vue.js applications to create an application with dynamic data.
Routing is a vitally important part of any SPA, so you will focus on the Vue router and explore routing a user between multiple pages. Next, you'll also explore state management with Vuex, write testable code for your application, and create performant, server-side rendered applications with Nuxt.
Towards the end, we'll look at common antipatterns to avoid, to save you from a lot of trial and error and development headaches.
By the end of this book, you'll be well on your way to becoming an expert Vue developer who can leverage design patterns to efficiently architect the design of your application and write clean and maintainable code.
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow practical guide will help you develop efficient Vue.js apps by following best practices and using common design patterns.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright and Credits
- Packt Upsell
- Vue.js Principles and Comparisons
Proper Creation of Vue Projects
- Visual Studio Code extensions
- Vue CLI
- VueJS devtools
- TypeScript and Vue
- RxJS and Vue
- Data properties
- Computed properties
- Watched properties
- Lifecycle hooks
- Vue.js and the Virtual DOM
- Writing Clean and Lean Code with Vue
- Vue.js Directives
- Secured Communication with Vue.js Components
- Creating Better UI
HTTP and WebSocket Communication
- Real-time chat application with Node and Socket.io
Vue Router Patterns
- Single Page Applications
- Using the router
- An SPA project
- State Management with Vuex
- Testing Vue.js Applications
- Server-Side Rendering with Nuxt
- Communication – Anti-pattern
- Children mutating props – Anti-pattern
- Using data as an object - Anti-Pattern
- Naming components – Anti-pattern
- Template expressions
- Pattern – Container/Presentational components
- Prop validation
- Understanding reactivity
- Title: Vue.js 2 Design Patterns and Best Practices
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788839792
You might also like
Advanced Engineering Mathematics, 7th Edition
This package includes the printed hardcover book and access to the Navigate 2 Companion Website. The …
Messy code is a nuisance. "Tidying" code, to make it more readable, requires breaking it up …
Learning Web Design, 5th Edition
Do you want to build web pages but have no prior experience? This friendly guide is …
Become well-versed with basic networking concepts such as routing, switching, and subnetting, and prepare for the …