O'Reilly logo

Way Beyond Monochrome 2e by Chris Woodhouse, Ralph Lambrecht

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

image

© 2006 by Nicole Boenig-McGrade, all rights reserved

Appendix

 

Technical Fundamentals

Numbering sequences, logarithms and some photo-mathematics

Photography is an art form. When people think about art, they think about self-expression, creativity and aesthetics, but not necessarily about craft and hard work. However, as Brett Weston so knowingly stated: “Photography is 90% sheer, brutal drudgery. The other 10% is inspiration.” The brutal drudgery is the craft of photography; the knowledge of equipment and materials allows creativity to flow unhampered.

This book is about the craft of photography. It takes a balanced scientific approach, supported ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required