In this chapter, we have created a real world WCF service that has a service contract layer and a business logic layer. The key points in this chapter include:
- WCF services should have explicit boundaries
- The WCF Service Application template can be used to create WCF services with a hosting website created within the project
- The WCF Service Library template can be used to create WCF services that are hosted by the WCF Service Host, and these can be tested using the WCF service Test Client
- The service interface layer should contain only the service contracts such as the operation contracts and data contracts
- The business logic layer should contain the implementation of the service
- The business entities represent the internal data of the service ...