Creating the test solution and project
To show these LINQ-related new features we will need a test project to demonstrate what they are and how to use them. So we first need to create the test solution and the project.
Follow these steps to create the solution and the project.
- Start Visual Studio 2010.
- Select menu option File | New | Project to create a new solution.
- In the New Project window, select Visual C# | Console Application as the Template.
- Enter TestLINQ as the Solution Name and TestNewFeaturesApp as the (project) Name.
- Click on OK to create the solution and the project.