In this chapter, we have learned some advanced features of LINQ to Entities. At this point we should have a good understanding of LINQ to Entities. In the next chapter, we will apply these skills to the data access layer of our WCF service to connect to databases securely and reliably with LINQ to Entities.
The key points covered in this chapter include:
- LINQ to Entities fully supports stored procedures
- Compiled queries can increase the performance of repeatedly-executed LINQ queries
- LINQ to Entities allows SQL-like queries to the conceptual data model
- Dynamic Queries can be built at runtime using expressions or parameters
- LINQ to Entities supports table per hierarchy, table per type, and table per concrete inheritance
- Concurrent updates can ...