Chapter 2. Implementing a Basic HelloWorld WCF Service
In the previous chapter, we learned several WCF concepts and looked at a few code snippets.
In this chapter, we will implement a basic WCF service from scratch. We will build a
HelloWorld WCF service by carrying out the following steps:
- Creating the solution and project
- Creating the WCF service contract interface
- Implementing the WCF service
- Hosting the WCF service in IIS Express
- Creating a client application to consume this WCF service
Creating the HelloWorld solution and project
Before we can build the WCF service, we need to create a solution for our service project. We also need a directory in which we will save all the files. Throughout this book, we will save our project source codes in the ...