Chapter 3. Hosting and Debugging the HelloWorld WCF Service
In the previous chapter, we built a basic
HelloWorld WCF service and hosted it within IIS Express. In this chapter, we will explore more hosting options for WCF services and learn how to debug WCF services.
In this chapter we will discuss:
- Hosting a WCF service in ASP.NET Development Server
- Hosting a WCF service in a console application
- Hosting a WCF service in a Windows Service application
- Hosting a WCF service in IIS using the HTTP protocol
- Hosting a WCF service in IIS using the TCP protocol
- Testing a WCF service
- Debugging a WCF service from a client application
- Directly debugging a WCF service
- Attaching to a running WCF service process
Hosting the HelloWorld WCF service
In the previous chapter, ...