Chapter 5. Adding Database Support and Exception Handling
In the previous chapter we created a WCF service with two layers. We didn't add the third layer, that is, the data access layer. Therefore, all of the service operations just returned a fake result from the business logic layer.
In this chapter we will add the third layer to the WCF service. We will also introduce fault contracts for service error handling.
We will accomplish the following tasks in this chapter:
- Creating the data access layer project
- Modifying the business logic layer to call the data access layer
- Preparing the
Northwinddatabase for the service
- Connecting the WCF service to the
- Testing the service with the data access layer
- Adding a fault contract to the service ...