Achieve a fully engaged workforce
What if every single employee-every single one-worked in their dream job, utilized their best talents, worked with an inspirational leader and was fully engaged in their role?
For companies, this scenario leads to breakthroughs in productivity, customer service, profitability, and shareholder value. For individuals, it means better health, stronger relationships with family and friends, and greater happiness. We sketches the landscape of today's changing job environment and gives managers and individual employees alike a road map to full engagement.
Anchored with specific metrics, based on studies of 2 million people, includes engagement, retention, customer loyalty, and profitability
Scientific research and academic insights are translated into actionable steps
Authors have extensive experience in cutting-edge human resources solutions
Achieve breakthrough results for yourself and your organization with the power of full engagement from We.
Table of contents
- 1. The Return of the Work-Life Blend
- 2. Profits Drop When Your Spouse Kicks the Dog
II. The You in We
- 3. Aiming for the Career-Life Bull's-Eye
4. Your Kind of People
- 4.1. Culture
- 4.2. The Twelve Archetypes of Organizational Culture
- 4.3. Regeneron: The Aggressive Sage
- 4.4. Delivering Happiness: The Zappos Story
- 4.5. Discover Your Preferred Culture
- 4.6. Identify Your Employer's Culture
- 4.7. You Don't Fit. Now What?
- 5. Do What Companies Do
III. How Great Leaders Harmonize Teams
- 6. Harmonization = Engagement + Alignment
7. Engagement Leads to "Better Earnings and Fatter Margins"
- 7.1. Boost Earnings!
- 7.2. Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall . . .
- 7.3. Beyond Customer Service
- 7.4. The True Cost of Turnover
- 7.5. Driving High Performance Culture at A.P. Moller-Maersk
- 7.6. Kennametal Conducts a Survey in Turbulent Economic Times
- 7.7. Aetna Demands Proof; Results from a 39-Company Study
- 7.8. Engagement Isn't the Only Answer
- IV. Manager's Toolkit
- About Kenexa
- How to Reach Us
- Chapter One: The Return of the Work-Life Blend
- Chapter Two: Profits Drop When Your Spouse Kicks the Dog
- Chapter Three: Aiming for the Career-Life Bull's-Eye
- Chapter Four: Your Kind of People
- Chapter Five: Do What Companies Do
- Chapter Six: Harmonization = Engagement + Alignment
- Chapter Seven: Engagement Leads to "Better Earnings and Fatter Margins"
- Chapter Eight: GReAT Managers Focus on Growth, Recognition, And Trust
- Chapter Nine: More Ways to Drive Engagement
- Title: We: How to Increase Performance and Profits Through Full Engagement
- Release date: January 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470767436
You might also like
The Courageous Leader
Tap into everyday courage for extraordinary results presents a much-needed reminder for leaders everywhere: it takes …
25 Need-to-Know Strategy Tools
Includes 10 handy do’s and don’ts of strategy development · Need powerful decision-making tools at your …
The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy
The Energy Bus, an international best seller by Jon Gordon, takes readers on an enlightening and …
Offers state-of-the-art principles and strategies gleaned from high-profile projects to help readers manage design This guide …