Book descriptionEver notice that—in spite of their pervasiveness—designing web applications is still challenging? While their benefits motivate their creation, there are no well-established guidelines for design. This often results in inconsistent behaviors and appearances, even among web applications created by the same company.
Design patterns for web applications, similar in concept to those for web sites and software design, offer an effective solution. In Web Application Design Patterns, Pawan Vora documents design patterns for web applications by not only identifying design solutions for user interaction problems, but also by examining the rationale for their effectiveness, and by presenting how they should be applied.
- Design interfaces faster, with a better rationale for the solutions you choose.
- Learn from over more than 100 patterns, with extensive annotation on use and extension.
- Take a short-cut into understanding the industry with more than 500 full-color screenshots.
Table of contents
- Cover image
- Table of Contents
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. Forms
- Chapter 3. User Authentication
- Chapter 4. Application Main Page
- Chapter 5. Navigation
- Chapter 6. Searching and Filtering
- Chapter 7. Lists
- Chapter 8. Rich Internet Applications
- Chapter 9. Social Applications
- Chapter 10. Internationalization
- Chapter 11. Accessibility
- Chapter 12. Visual Design
- Chapter 13. Pattern Libraries
- Web Appendix. Help
- Title: Web Application Design Patterns
- Release date: March 2009
- Publisher(s): Morgan Kaufmann
- ISBN: 9780080921457
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
You, Only Better
If you want to be happy, fulfilled and energised its probably best not to obsess over …
Designing Interfaces, 3rd Edition
Designing good application interfaces isn’t easy now that companies need to create compelling, seamless user experiences …