Shiny and R were made for each other, and this tutorial will show you how to make the most of them. In no time, you’ll be producing fully-featured interactive data summaries to share over the web.
- Helps you to use Shiny's built in functions to produce engaging and useful user interfaces in hours, not days
- Shows you how to write cutting-edge interactive content for the Web
R is a highly flexible and powerful tool for analyzing and visualizing data. Shiny is the perfect companion to R, making it quick and simple to share analysis and graphics from R that users can interact with and query over the Web. Let Shiny do the hard work and spend your time generating content and styling, not writing code to handle user inputs.
Web Application Development with R Using Shiny will show you how to begin analyzing, visualizing, and sharing your data using practical examples.
The book uses practical examples to show you how to get the best out of R and Shiny, helping you to produce and share cutting-edge analytics with minimal effort.
Table of Contents
Web Application Development with R Using Shiny
- Table of Contents
- Web Application Development with R Using Shiny
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
1. Installing R and Shiny and Getting Started!
- Installing R
- Learning R
- Base graphics and ggplot2
- Installing Shiny and running the examples
- 2. Building Your First Application
- 3. Building Your Own Web Pages with Shiny
4. Taking Control of Reactivity, Inputs, and Outputs
- Showing and hiding elements of the UI
- Reactive user interfaces
- Advanced reactivity
- More advanced topics in Shiny
- Advanced graphics options
- Downloading and uploading data
- 5. Running and Sharing Your Creations
- Title: Web Application Development with R Using Shiny
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783284474