Build a social network with Angular 5 and Laravel in 3 Hours
About This Video
- Build modern and cross-platform applications with Angular 5 and Laravel 5
- Create RESTful backend APIs with Laravel and connect them with Angular to create your own powerful web applications.
- Leverage the power of WebSockets to create a real-time application!
Did you ever think of creating your own social network? In this course, we're going to create one using Angular and Laravel! We're going to build a simple social network application - “Friends' Circle." Users will be able to register, log-in and create entries in their social feed. Then we'll move to crafting relationships between our users. For example, they will be able to make friends with others. This is useful when it comes to sharing content they publish only within their inner circle. Of course, users will still be able to keep their content public, but now they will have a choice. Finally, we'll to make our application dynamic by adding WebSockets.
We'll start by setting up the environment and creating our first Angular app covering all core concepts of Angular 5 such as Dependency Injection, Data Binding, Components, Events, and the HTTP Module. Next, we'll move on to create a Backend API with Laravel for our application to be consumed by Angular on the front-end. Here we'll learn about setting up Laravel on our servers and installing databases and create real-world features such as CRUD operations, form validations, and authentication, which are an integral part of data-driven applications. We're also going to cover testing our application.
By the end of this course, you'll have gained a solid understanding of Angular 5 and how it interacts with a Laravel 5.x backend.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Folding the Sleeves
- Chapter 2 : Angular Social Network
- Chapter 3 : Laravel to the Rescue
- Chapter 4 : Online Relationships
- Chapter 5 : What’s in This Socket?
- Chapter 6 : Testing Bonds
- Title: Web Development with Angular and PHP
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788394321