Get complete understanding of ethical hacking and become proficient at hacking any system and securing it like a true professional
About This Video
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) and Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Defend SQL injection to control a web application's database server
- Session hijacking, fixation, and password encryption to protect your confidential data.
Web application security is the branch of Information Security that deals specifically with the security of websites, web applications, and web services. At a high level, web application security draws on the principles of application security but applies them specifically to internet and web systems.
The course starts from the basics of web applications by defining the web application test scope and processes. You will learn about information gathering techniques to find information about web applications in the initial phase. Then you will learn the most important attacks on web applications such as SQL injection, command injection, XSS attacks, CSRF attacks, DOS attacks, buffer overflow attacks, and more . Finally, the course will also cover techniques to defend web applications from various types of attack.
By the end of this video tutorial, you will be fully equipped to test web infrastructures against various real-time attack vectors and will also be able to defend web applications from known and unknown attacks.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Introduction about Web Application Security
- The Course Overview 00:02:02
- Overview of the Web Application Security from a Penetration Tester's Perspective 00:02:36
- Discussion of the Different Types of Vulnerabilities in Web Applications (OWASP) 00:03:52
- Defining a Web Application Test Scope and Process 00:02:52
- Installation of Virtual Machines in System 00:11:44
- Chapter 2 : Information Gathering
- Chapter 3 : Various Injection Attacks
Chapter 5 : CSRF and Logic Flaws
- Overview of Cross-Site Request Forgery Attack(CSRF) 00:02:52
- Effect of CSRF on Web Applications 00:06:01
- Cheat Sheet of CSRF Attack 00:07:15
- Defend Against CSRF Attack 00:04:20
- Chapter 6 : Avoiding/Detecting Other Vulnerabilities
- Title: Web Security
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788622837