PMI for external monitoring
If you decide to use third-party tools to monitor WebSphere, then the following list will serve as a quick guide to the PMI you should be monitoring to ensure the health of your system.
- Average response time
- Response time statistics indicate how much time is spent in various parts of WebSphere Application Server and might quickly indicate where the problem is
- Number of requests (transactions)
- Enables you to look at how much traffic is processed by WebSphere Application Server, helping you to determine the capacity that you have to manage
- Number of HTTP sessions
- The number of live HTTP sessions reflects the concurrent usage of your site
- Web server and EJB thread pools
- Thread pools might constrain performance due to their size ...