By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Identify the human resource function of management as a critical component of business strategy.
• Identify the key stages of the human resource cycle.
• Define each element of the human resource cycle as it reflects strategy implementation.
• Assess the appropriateness of a staffing plan for a particular business.
• Cite recent legislation affecting the management of human resources.
As discussed in Chapter 4, organizing is the managerial function concerned with arranging the resources of a business. That chapter described how managers create ...