By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• List the steps in the managerial control process and discuss how they relate to the planning process.
• Identify the most widely used control devices and show how each works to assure that plans succeed.
• Describe control techniques commonly used in the production/operations area in firms and state how each is used.
• Specify how management by exception allows managers to use their time and effort more effectively.
• List specific things that managers can do to foster a positive behavior response toward control.
In management literature, ...