By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Identify the major contributors to total quality management and discuss their contributions.
• Trace the historical development of quality management.
• Define product and/or service quality in terms of its major orientations.
• Describe quality measurement methods and achievement assessment.
• Recognize that all people in an organization must understand and practice the principles of quality at a personal level.
As introduced in Chapter 2, total quality management (TQM) is the most recent development in management thought. That ...