7. Working with Windows Desktop Applications
In This Chapter
• Introductory Information About Windows Desktop Programs
• Running Windows Desktop Programs on the Desktop
• Arranging Open Windows on the Desktop
• Installing and Removing Windows Desktop Software
This chapter continues the teaching about how applications work in Windows first touched on in Chapter 1, “Meet Windows 10,” and then expanded on in Chapter 6, “Finding Your Way Around the Windows Desktop.” As you learned in Chapter 4, “Introducing Windows Apps,” modern Windows apps are distinct from Windows Desktop applications for a few reasons. Windows apps are acquired only through the Windows Store and are installed and can even be updated automatically in the background without the ...