Ten minibooks in one great resource will get you fully up to speed on Windows 8
Promising an updated user interface, new application to today's mobile world, and increased connection to data and services that live in the cloud, Windows 8 will have new features and perks you'll want to start using right away. And that's where this bestselling guide comes in. With ten minibooks in one, it's packed with information on all aspects of the OS. Take the guesswork out of Windows 8 from day one with this all-in-one resource.
Windows 8 boasts numerous exciting new features, and this ten-books-in-one reference is your one-stop guide for discovering them all!
Provides top-notch guidance from trusted and well-known Windows expert and author, Woody Leonhard
Covers Windows 8 inside and out, including how to customize Windows 8, Windows 8 and the Internet, security, networking, multimedia, and more
Make your move to Windows 8 easy with Windows 8 All-in-One For Dummies.
Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Book I: Starting Windows 8
- Book II: Personalizing Windows
- Book III: Navigating the Start Screen
- Book IV: Maximizing Tiled Windows 8 Apps
- Book V: Connecting Online with Tiled Apps
Book VI: Working on the Desktop
- Chapter 1: Running the Desktop from Start to Finish
- Chapter 2: Personalizing the Desktop
- Chapter 3: Start Screen Mods for Desktop Users
- Chapter 4: Maintaining Your System
- Chapter 5: Using Windows (Live) Essentials
- Chapter 6: Choosing and Using a Desktop Web Browser
- Chapter 7: Music on the Desktop
- Chapter 8: Searching on the Desktop
- Book VII: Controlling Your System
- Book VIII: Maintaining Windows 8
- Book IX: Securing Windows 8
- Book X: Enhancing Windows 8
- Cheat Sheet
- Title: Windows 8 All-in-One For Dummies
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781118119204