An essential resource for implementing and managing a cloud infrastructure in Azure
Serving as a critical resource for anyone responsible for strategizing, architecting, implementing or managing a cloud infrastructure, this book helps you understand what is hybrid IT and how it's applicable (and inevitable) in today's world of emerging cloud. The team of authors focus on the Microsoft concept of a private/public cloud, deploying a private cloud fabric, deploying services, and building a private cloud, as well as integrating it with Microsoft's public cloud to create a cross-premises or public cloud.
Looks at why hybrid IT is important to a business and what benefits a business can expect by adopting hybrid cloud
Examines a cloud management platform and discusses why it is necessary
Walks you through the different kinds of solutions for IT problems that may arise
Places a focus on considerations for ensuring resiliency, availability, and scalability when designing hybrid solutions to prevent system failure and data loss
Covers optimizing the performance of the hybrid cloud as well as using tools that help you monitor and manage the performance of the hybrid cloud
Windows Azure Hybrid Cloud helps you gain a better understanding of the hybrid IT environments, why those clouds should be implemented, and how they impact business.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to the Windows Azure Book Series
- Introduction to Windows Azure Hybrid Cloud
- Chapter 1: What Is Hybrid IT?
- Chapter 2: Why is the Hybrid Cloud Important to My Business?
- Chapter 3: Project Planning
- Chapter 4: What You Need to Know About Windows Azure As a Platform
- Chapter 5: Private Cloud Components and Services That Help to Build Hybrid Clouds
Chapter 6: Hybrid Options in Windows Azure
- On-Premises Service Integrated with Cloud Service
- Cloud Service Integrated with On-Premises Service
- Cloud Bursting, or Batching at Scale
- Development and Test Cloud Infrastructure
- Windows Azure as a Disaster Recovery (DR) Site
- Service Bus as an Integration Hub
- Enabling Modern Applications
- Virtual Desktops in Windows Azure
- Chapter 7: Designing for Resiliency and Scalability
- Chapter 8: Optimizing for Performance
- Chapter 9: Monitoring and Management for Successful Operations
- Chapter 10: Final Hybrid Cloud Considerations
- Title: Windows Azure Hybrid Cloud
- Release date: August 2013
- Publisher(s): Wrox
- ISBN: 9781118749746