A full-color, step-by-step guide for using the most popular free software and online offerings from Microsoft's new Windows Live Essentials
Microsoft's new operating system – Windows 7 – isn't including many applications you might be used to seeing. Instead, those applications are being made available as set of free downloads called Windows Live Essentials, with the promise of more frequent updates independent of when the operating system releases happen. Windows Live Essentials includes tools such as Messenger, Mail, Writer, Photo Gallery, and Movie Maker. This valuable guide shows you how to use these applications so that you accomplish everyday tasks successfully and smartly.
Step-by-step instructions show you how to use not only these applications, but also associated Windows Live on-line services. As an example, you'll learn just how easy it is to create panoramic pictures in seconds or how to create movies from pictures in just a few minutes. Then you'll get the inside scoop on how to communicate and share using Messenger, SkyDrive, Spaces, and Groups.
Windows Live Essentials are available as free downloads for the Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP operating systems
Reviews what is included Windows Live products such as Messenger, Mail, Writer, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker as well as Windows Live services like Spaces, Groups, SkyDrive, Calendar, and Events
Provides you with essential information on using the applications and services efficiently in order to accomplish everyday tasks.
With this book, you'll quickly be on your way to accessing these useful applications in an effort to making your life easier.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- About the Authors
- Contents at a Glance
CHAPTER 1: What Are Windows Live Essentials?
- Introducing Windows Live Applications
- Downloading and Installing the Windows Live Applications
- Setting Up a Windows Live ID
- Editing Your Windows Live Profile
- Using the Windows Live Toolbar
- Using Bing: The Search Engine Previously Known as Live Search
- Access Windows Live Applications from the Windows Live Toolbar
- In Conclusion
- CHAPTER 2: Instant Messaging with Windows Live Messenger
- CHAPTER 3: Emailing with Windows Live Mail
- CHAPTER 4: Blogging and Writing with Windows Live Writer
- CHAPTER 5: Managing Pictures with Windows Live Photo Gallery
- CHAPTER 6: Creating Movies with Movie Maker
- CHAPTER 7: Organizing with Windows Live Calendar
- CHAPTER 8: Socializing with Windows Live Spaces
- CHAPTER 9: Interacting with Windows Live Groups
- CHAPTER 10: Storing Things Online with SkyDrive
- Title: Windows Live™ Essentials and Services: Using Free Microsoft Applications for Windows® 7
- Release date: September 2009
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470526873