Storing Things Online with SkyDrive
IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL:
- Learn what SkyDrive is
- Learn how to set up SkyDrive
- Learn how to create and use folders for organizing your files
- Learn how to store things on your SkyDrive
- Learn how to post photos onto your SkyDrive
- Learn how to share access to areas of your SkyDrive
- Learn how to share links to items on your SkyDrive
- Discover how to share links or files in your blogs
THE PRIMARY storage space for most computers is the hard drive. This is where you can store files, photos, videos, documents and more on your computer. You can also load applications onto your hard drive. For example, if you downloaded the Windows Live Applications, then you copied the programs onto your hard drive.
Of course, if you don't have your computer with you, then your files and applications are not likely to be accessible to you. Additionally, if your computer were to crash or if your hard drive were to break, then unless you had created a backup of your files, they could be lost.
It is a good idea to copy your files to a place where you can always get to them whether you are on your computer or someone else's. The Internet makes this much more possible. In fact, one of the Essentials you can tap into is Windows Live SkyDrive.
SkyDrive is like having a hard drive out on the Internet. Not only can you access it from your computer, but you can also access it from any computer that is connected to the Internet.
At the time this chapter was written, ...