6+ Hours of Video Instruction
Get started with developing for Windows Mixed Reality and discover secrets to making an amazing user experience. With more than 6 hours of video instruction, you learn how to unlock the potential of 3D, immersive computing and apply it in your environment, whether you’re developing for enterprises, retail, education, architecture, or beyond.
In Windows Mixed Reality and Hololens Development Fundamentals LiveLessons, VR/AR developer Sean Ong clearly explains the nuances of Mixed Reality software development. You learn about the creation of 3D objects and holograms, interactions with holograms using voice commands and hand gestures, spatial mapping, 3D spatial sound, and the HoloToolkit. Watch Sean as he demonstrates how to use the Mixed Reality headset. You even get a behind-the-scenes look at the recording studio as Sean spatially maps the room.
Learn how to create truly awe-inspiring holographic experiences and start building the holographic future today!
About the Instructor
Sean Ong is an author, engineer, entrepreneur, and tech influencer who has written on topics ranging from renewable energy to augmented reality. Sean has been working with Windows Mixed Reality since it was first introduced to developers. Since then, he has developed many HoloLens and immersive applications, including experiences for retail, entertainment, education, real estate, architecture, planning, and sports sectors for clients all over the world. Sean was among the very first people to own a HoloLens and has developed numerous experiences for the new platform since its release.
- Prototype your idea quickly
- Optimize Unity for Mixed Reality
- Use spatial sound, voice commands, and gestures
- Build with the HoloToolkit to make apps the easy way
- Publish to the Windows Store and make money from your app
- Developers looking to join the Mixed Reality transformation
- Basic understanding of coding in C#
- Basic understanding of Unity
- Access to HoloLens or other Windows Mixed Reality headset recommended but not required
Lesson 1 reviews the handful of requirements for getting started with holographic app development. Develop holographic apps with or without a HoloLens.
Lesson 2 introduces new Unity concepts specific to Mixed Reality application development. Optimize Unity for Windows Mixed Reality, create your first Mixed Reality application in Unity, and learn the differences between traditional Unity development and development for Mixed Reality.
Lesson 3 demonstrates the creation of a basic Hologram, which can be viewed in the HoloLens, and introduces 3D object creation and curation.
Lesson 4 covers the HoloToolkit and how to leverage this community resource.
Lesson 5 demonstrates the use of gestures, voice commands, and other ways of interacting with Holographic content.
Lesson 6 introduces the technology, concept, and utilization of spatial mapping in the context of Holographic applications.
Lesson 7 covers the importance of spatial sound and how to utilize it in their projects.
Lesson 8 provides a primer on elements that give holographic experiences additional flair and magic, such as color choice, ambient elements, music, size, and more.
Lesson 9 covers the process of publishing a Windows Mixed Reality application to the Windows Store and presents the strategies for monetization.
Lesson 10 discusses resources that are available to viewers, including relevant community forums and online groups, notable events, and other information that will help during the development process.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of contents
Lesson 1: Preparing the Required Hardware and Software Tools
- Learning objectives 00:00:31
- 1.1 Make sure your PC is ready for Mixed Reality development 00:04:48
- 1.2 Use a HoloLens, HoloLens Emulator, or other Mixed Reality hardware 00:02:27
- 1.3 Understand the HoloLens and Mixed Reality hardware 00:14:42
- 1.4 Download and install the required and optional software tools 00:14:10
- Lesson 2: Optimizing Unity for Mixed Reality Development
Lesson 3: Making Your First Mixed Reality App
- Learning objectives 00:00:32
- 3.1 Prepare Unity for Mixed Reality development 00:10:12
- 3.2 Create a cube and test your application 00:08:22
- 3.3 Build and deploy the Unity application to the HoloLens 00:06:50
- 3.4 Build and deploy the Unity application to an immersive Windows Mixed Reality headset 00:06:56
- 3.5 Find and create 3D objects 00:06:00
- Lesson 4: Getting Familiarized with the Mixed Reality Toolkit
- Lesson 5: Interacting in Mixed Reality
Lesson 6: Using Spatial Mapping
- Learning objectives 00:00:30
- 6.1 Understand what Spatial Mapping is 00:06:37
- 6.2 Learn how to use Spatial Mapping in projects 00:05:51
- 6.3 Learn how to use plane finding 00:10:06
- 6.4 Learn how to use occlusion 00:08:22
- 6.5 Learn how to use spatial understanding 00:12:32
- 6.6 Learn about spatial anchors and persistence 00:12:56
- Lesson 7: Using Spatial Sound
- Lesson 8: Creating Shared Experiences
- Lesson 9: Optimizing Your Mixed Reality Application
- Lesson 10: Monetizing Applications
- Title: Windows Mixed Reality and Hololens Development Fundamentals
- Release date: January 2018
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 0134865219
You might also like
Algorithms: 24-part Lecture Series
Algorithms, Deluxe Edition, Fourth Edition These Algorithms Video Lectures cover the essential information that every serious …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Unity Certified Programmer Exam Courseware
Duration: 8+ hours of video instruction Overview This course will help you prepare for the Unity …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …