Chapter 4. PowerShell and Web Technologies
IT professionals and developers require Windows PowerShell for various reasons, such as the following:
- To perform administration tasks
- For a continuous delivery
- To manage/automate deployments
The use of PowerShell is increasing day by day, which helps us to experience the growth and significant improvements of Windows PowerShell. IT professionals and developers can remotely operate servers from their mobiles and perform tasks on the fly.
In this chapter, we will cover the following:
- PowerShell Web Access
- OData IIS Extension
- Exploring web requests and web services
- Exploring the REST API and JSON
PowerShell Web Access
PowerShell Web Access (PSWA) was introduced in Windows Server 2012. In short, PSWA acts as a gateway ...