Chapter 3. Installing Windows Server 2008 and Server Core
In This Chapter
- Preplanning and Preparing a Server Installation
- Installing a Clean Version of Windows Server 2008 Operating System
- Upgrading to Windows Server 2008
- Understanding Server Core Installation
- Managing and Configuring a Server Core Installation
- Performing an Unattended Windows Server 2008 Installation
This chapter describes the step-by-step process for installing a clean version of the Windows Server 2008 operating system, upgrading an existing system to Windows Server 2008, and, finally, installing a Windows Server 2008 Server Core installation.
Even though the installation process is very intuitive and has been simplified, an administrator must make several key decisions ...