Multiple AD LDS instances can be installed on the same server, or a single AD LDS instance can be replicated to multiple servers for redundancy. If installing the first AD LDS instance, follow these steps:
1. Open Server Manager by clicking the link on the taskbar.
2. Under Configure This Local Server, click Add Roles and Features.
3. On the Before You Begin page, review the notes provided, and click Next to continue.
4. Under Select Installation Type, select Role-Based or Feature-Based Installation and click Next.
5. Select the server from the server pool and click Next to continue.
6. From the list of server roles, shown in Figure 8.1, choose Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services by checking the box next to it, click ...