Organizing Your Gallery
With the Info Pane, you can do things that you can’t do with the Tiles view. You can:
• Add the same rating to multiple items by clicking the pictures and videos you
want to rate, moving the pointer over the star rating in the Info Pane until the
desired rating is highlighted, and then clicking.
• Add or edit the captions for multiple items by clicking the pictures and videos you
want to work with, clicking the Click to Edit Caption text in the Info Pane, typing
the desired caption, and then pressing Enter or clicking another area of the window.
• Add the same tag to multiple items by clicking the pictures and videos you want
to work with, clicking the Add Tags text, typing the desired tag, and then press-
• Remove a tag from multiple items by clicking the pictures and videos you want
to work with, right-clicking the tag to remove, and then selecting Remove Tag.
• Assign a tag that is used with some selected pictures of videos by right-clicking
the tag to assign and then selecting Assign to All.
All these techniques help you provide additional information for your pictures and
videos. You can also use tags and ratings to help you view and organize your pic-
tures and videos in different ways. Once you’ve assigned tags, you can click the Tags
node in the Navigation Pane to see a list of all the tags you’ve assigned. Then, by
clicking a tag, you can view all the pictures and videos with that tag.
Figure 9-8. Getting more detailed information about pictures and videos