Creating Movies with Windows Movie Maker
To add the same effect to multiple items, follow these steps:
1. On the storyboard, select all the items that you want to use the same effect.
2. Right-click the effect to apply and then select Add to Storyboard.
3. Repeat this process to add multiple effects to multiple items.
To remove all effects from a media item, right-click the Effects button and then select
Adding Transitions to Your Video
Your videos can have transitions that are used when moving between media items.
You can use only one transition between media items. For example, you can transi-
tion by slowly revealing the new media item or by sweeping in, but not by using both
As shown in Figure 10-36, you’ll find a transition board to the right of each media
item. If a current transition is applied, the transition board will show a summary
graphic. If no current transition is applied, the transition board will be dimmed.
You can add transitions to media items by completing the following steps:
1. In Windows Movie Maker, click Transitions in the Tasks Pane to display the
available transitions in the Collections Pane, as shown in Figure 10-37.
2. To see how a transition works, click it and then press Play in the Preview Pane.
3. To use a transition, click it and then drag it to the item to which the transition
should be added. Alternatively, click the transition, press Ctrl-C, click the item
to which the transition should be added, and then press Ctrl-V.
To add the same transition to multiple transition boards, follow these steps:
1. On the storyboard, select all the transition boards that you want to use the same
2. Right-click the transition to apply and then select Add to Storyboard.
To remove a transition from a transition board, right-click the transition board and
then select Remove.
Figure 10-36. Using transitions