Chapter 10: Making Video DVDs and Movies
Opening and Producing Saved Projects
You can open saved projects using the Search box on the Start menu. Click Start and
movie into the Search box to see a list of all movies and related movie
project files. Double-click the .mswmm project file you want to open. Windows Vista
will then start Windows Movie Maker and open the selected project file for editing.
Alternatively, in Windows Movie Maker, you can open saved projects by completing
the following steps:
1. Click File and then click Open Project file. This displays the Open Project dialog
2. In the Open Project dialog box, the last folder location you used for saving
project files is opened by default. If this isn’t the folder you want to use, browse
to the folder containing the saved project file.
3. Click the project file and click Open. Windows Movie Maker will then read the
project file and begin adding the items it references.
4. When Windows Movie Maker finishes adding items, review the movie story-
board and timeline.
5. After you make any necessary changes, click Publish Movie to start the Publish
Movie Wizard and produce your movie.