Managing Your User Account
Changing Your Password
You should periodically change your password to help protect your computer. You
can change the password on your account by completing the following steps:
1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, click the User Accounts and Family Safety heading and
then click User Accounts.
3. On the User Accounts page, click “Change your password.”
4. On the “Change your password” page, shown in Figure 18-5, type your current
password in the first text box.
5. Type your new password in the second text box.
6. Confirm your new password by retyping it in the third text box.
7. Afterward, type a unique password hint. The password hint is a word or phrase
that can help you remember the password if you forget it. Because this hint is
visible to anyone who uses your computer, you’ll want to be careful what you
use as the hint.
8. Click “Change password.”
Figure 18-5. Changing your account password