Managing Your User Account
Storing Another Person’s Password for Recovery
To ensure that another person can recover her password if she forgets it, you can
store her password in a secure, encrypted file on a floppy disk or USB flash key, and
then use this file to recover her password if she forgets it. To store another person’s
password for recovery, have the person log on to the computer. Follow the steps dis-
cussed in the “Storing Your Password for Recovery” section, earlier in this chapter.
In step 5, be sure to have the other person type her password and not your current
Recovering Another Person’s Password
To help another person remember or recover his password, complete the following
1. On the logon screen, click this person’s username to display the Password
2. Click the button to the right of the password text box without entering a password.
3. When you click OK, the password hint for the account is displayed on the logon
4. Have the other person type his password if he remembers it, and click the logon
button. If he logs on successfully, skip the remaining steps. Otherwise, click OK
and continue with password recovery.
5. On the logon screen, click Reset Password.
Figure 18-11. Changing the account password