Managing Access Permissions with Group Accounts
12. Repeat step 11 as necessary. When you are finished selecting names, click OK to
close the Select Users dialog box.
13. The New Group dialog box is updated to reflect your selections. If you made a
mistake, select a name and remove it by clicking Remove.
14. Click Create when you’re finished adding or removing group members.
Adding and Removing Local Group Members
You add and remove local group members using Local Users and Groups. Complete
the following steps:
1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, click System and Maintenance.
3. On the System and Maintenance page, scroll down and then select Administra-
4. On the Administrative Tools page, double-click Computer Management.
5. In Computer Management, double-click Local Users and Groups under System
6. Select the Groups node to display a list of the current groups on your computer.
7. Double-click the group with which you want to work.
8. Use the Add button to add user accounts to the group via the Select Users dia-
log box, as discussed previously.
9. Use the Remove button to remove user accounts from the group. Simply select
the user account you want to remove from the group and then click Remove.
10. Click OK when you are finished.
Figure 18-16. Selecting users to add to the group