Keeping Your Family Safe While Using Your Computer
5. On the “Set up how...will use the computer” page, click “Time limits” under
6. On the “Control when...will use the computer” page, shown in Figure 18-23,
you can specify what times you allow and what times you block.
7. Click and drag over allowed hours to change them to blocked hours.
8. Click and drag over blocked hours to change them to allowed hours.
9. Click OK to save your settings.
Conﬁguring Game Restrictions
Game restrictions control whether a user can play games and the types of games that
this person can play. If you’ve turned on parental controls, users are allowed to play
games and no types of games are blocked by default. You can configure game restric-
tions by completing these steps:
1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, click the User Accounts and Family Safety heading and
then click User Accounts.
3. On the User Accounts page, click “Manage another account.”
4. Click “Set up Parental Controls” and then click the account you want to restrict.
5. On the “Set up how...will use the computer” page, click Games under Win-
6. On the “Control which types of games...can play” page, shown in Figure 18-24,
“Can...play games?” is set to Yes by default and the user is allowed to play
games. To block game playing, click No under “Can...play games?,” click OK,
and skip the remaining steps.
Figure 18-23. Configuring time restrictions