Chapter 18: Managing User Accounts and Parental Controls
7. To block or allow games by rating and content type, click “Set game ratings,”
choosing which game ratings are OK for the user to play, and then click OK.
8. To block or allow games installed on the computer by name, click “Block or
Allow specific games,” choose allowed or blocked games, and then click OK.
9. Click OK to save your settings.
Conﬁguring Application Restrictions
Application restrictions control the types of applications a user can run while using
the computer. If you’ve turned on parental controls, users are allowed to run any
programs installed on the computer by default, and no programs are restricted. You
can configure application restrictions by completing these steps:
1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, click the User Accounts and Family Safety heading and
then click User Accounts.
3. On the User Accounts page, click “Manage another account.”
4. Click “Set up Parental Controls” and then click the account you want to restrict.
5. On the “Set up how...will use the computer” page, click “Allow or Block spe-
cific programs” under Windows Settings.
Figure 18-24. Configuring game restrictions