Chapter 21: Getting Help and Handling Advanced Support Issues
Recovering Files from Backup
You can recover files you’ve backed up by following these steps:
1. Open the Backup and Recovery Center. Click Start, click Control Panel, and
then click the “Back up your computer” link under the System and Maintenance
2. In the Backup and Recovery Center, click “Restore files.”
3. On the “What do you want to restore?” page, shown in Figure 21-14, select
“Files from the latest backup” or “Files from an older backup” as appropriate,
and then click Next.
4. If you selected “Files from an older backup,” select the date to restore and then
5. On the “Select the files and folders to restore” page, shown in Figure 21-15, use the
following techniques to select the files and folders to restore, and then click Next:
• To restore individual files, click the “Add files” button. In the “Add Files to
Restore” dialog box, you’ll see a list of all the folders and files in the backup.
Select files to restore and then click Add. Repeat this process to select other
individual files to restore.
Figure 21-13. Checking for previous versions