MANAGE THE BIDLIKE A PROJECT
1. The bid manager’s role
2. Knowledge: what must a bid manager know?
3. Skills: what must bid managers know how to do?
4. Attitudes: which ones do bid managers need?
5. Where does bid management end and internal consulting begin?
6. How do bid managers get the respect they deserve?
THE BID MANAGER’S ROLE
Of all the roles in a tender, the bid or proposal manager’s is probably the hardest and surely one of the most important. Typically part of an organization’s central bid support team or dedicated to the bids of a particular product/service line or practice group, they manage the internal logistics and moving parts of the bid process, effectively acting as the project manager. ...