Chapter 3. Mastering the Advanced Features of Wireshark
In this chapter, we will look under the hood of the Statistics menu in Wireshark and work with different command-line utilities that come pre-packaged with Wireshark. Here, we will cover the following topics:
- Collecting network stats using Wireshark's Statistics menu
- LabUp—Summary, Protocol Hierarchy, Conversations, and Endpoints
- Mapping overall traffic in graphical form
- View network traffic in plain-text form
- LabUp—TCP Streams
- Learn how to view logged anomalies in your trace file
- LabUp—Expert Infos
- Using command-line tools for protocol analysis
- Practice questions
With Wireshark, you can access a variety of statistics about the packets and protocols involved in the communication ...
Get Wireshark Revealed: Essential Skills for IT Professionals now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.