Women Entrepreneurs offers a collection of almost two dozen cases that explore the process by which women become entrepreneurs, as well as the opportunities and challenges they face in growing their businesses.
With a particular focus on the intersection between entrepreneurship and economic development, the cases are drawn from across a range of industries and countries. They offer insights into a number of issues women entrepreneurs face, such as launching a business, diversification and internationalization, as well as covering a number of business functions, including finance, marketing and human resource management. Each case is presented with a summary highlighting the themes it covers, and ends with a set of questions to guide classroom discussion. The book also includes a summary of existing literature on entrepreneurship to help contextualize the cases.
This casebook would be the ideal companion in an entrepreneurship class, particularly for students with an interest in female entrepreneurship or economic development.
With data from a Goldman Sachs/Lauder Institute study.
Table of contents
- List of Illustrations
- 1 The World of Women Entrepreneurs
- PART I Launching the Venture
PART II Growing the Business
- 7 Sibongile Sambo and SRS Aviation
- 8 Aldaci (Dadá) dos Santos' Recipe for Success: The Flavors of Building a Culinary Brand-Name in Brazil
- 9 Maita Barrenechea and Mai10: Building a Travel Business
- 10 Martha Debayle's bbmundo: Helping Parents and Their Children
- 11 Angela Chan's i-Vision: "Killing Me Softly"
- PART III Organizing and Leading
PART IV Doing Good while Doing Well
- 16 Annette Zamora's Naz y Rongo: A Scavenger Hunt in Search of the Culture of Rapa Nui
- 17 Shokay: Luxury with a Story, Style with a Touch of Humanity
- 18 Jessica Rodríguez's Art Atlas: Fair Fashion from Peru to the World
- 19 Pianporn Deetes: Social Entrepreneurship to Protect the Environment and Empower Citizens
- PART V Leveraging Resources across Borders
- Title: Women Entrepreneurs
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781136324598
You might also like
LEAD: 50 models for success in work and life
LEAD will develop you as a leader in a dynamic way that goes to the heart …
Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
Recent research has shown that organizations continue to experience project issues associated with the poor performance …
The Little Black Book of Online Business: 1001 Insider Resources Every Business Owner Needs
All in one Resource for Internet marketers: This is the only book where internet marketers in …
Me, Inc. - Build an Army of One, Unleash Your Inner Rock God, Win in Life and Business
The quintessential self-made man, master of brand identity, New York Times bestselling author, and award-winning executive—KISS's …